- B.Sc. (Economics) Honours
- M.Sc. (Economics)
- Academic Calendar (2023-24)- M.Sc. (Economics)
- Academic Calendar (2023-24) - B.Sc. (Economics) Honours
- Graduate Attributes
- Programme Outcomes-B.Sc (Economics) Honours
- Programme Outcomes-M.Sc (Economics)
- BSc (Economics) Honours - Stakeholder Feedback
- MSc(Economics) - Stakeholder Feedback
- Ph.D - Stakeholder Feedback
- Academic Bank of Credits
- Transforming India 2030: Strategies For Sustainable Development Goals (TISSDG)
- NABARD - National Conference 2019 - Transforming Rural India 2030: Strategies for Sustainable Development Goals
- Future of Employment: Challenges and Opportunities (FECO) - 2019
- Future Of Employment: Challenges And Opportunities (FECO) - 2023
- Health Promoting University
EOTY 2018 | Symbiosis School of Economics, Pune India
Home Events EOTY 2018
"Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended"
- by A.P.J Abdul Kalam
Horace aptly summed up the crux of an economist by saying “How great, my friends, is the virtue of living upon a little!” It captures the first lesson and very essence of Economics – make efficient use of scarce resources. And yet as George Bernard Shaw rightly said, “If all economists were laid end to end, they would never reach a conclusion.” Chiefly, this is how most economists work, including us.
We at Symbiosis School of Economics believe that an economist is not the product of umpteen textbooks and grueling research papers, but rather a composition of the skill set honed within a classroom and the world outside. Skills like public speaking, teamwork and decision making can be cultivated solely through intellectual stimulation, quality debate and exciting competition.
Thus introducing, Economist of the Year (EOTY), an excellent learning experience for students interested in Economics and those looking to bolster their existing foundation of the subject. It is a prestigious Symbiosis initiative designed not only to broaden students’ understanding of Economics but also to combat global problems through competition and innovation.
There is an economist within every single one of us and EOTY is a recognized platform to unlock one’s maximum potential. With a competitive set of events, panel of experienced judges, hardworking organizing team and attractive incentives, we invite students from all over Pune city to take part in EOTY and showcase their skills and proficiency.
It is officially EOTY season, and you are cordially invited to participate in this incredible event to represent your college with utmost passion and pride.
It’s time to act now. Besides, in the long run we are all dead.
How to Apply ?
In order to be a part of Economist of the Year, 2018, students will need to register themselves using the application form available here https://sse.ac.in/eoty. This form will aid us in gaining a better understanding of the participants and hence, has been designed in a manner that is easy to comprehend and is not time consuming.
It consists of various questions focusing on the student’s basic background information, and a set of interesting subjective questions. One important requirement along with the application form is the attached copy of the student’s photograph and College ID. After completing the above prerequisites, the doors to the exciting events held in store will officially be open!
Registrations are open from 15th September 2018 to 30th September 2018.
- The competition is open only to the full time enrolled students of colleges in Pune and Symbiosis International (Deemed) University institutes across India.
- Age Criteria between 17 and 24 years (inclusive) as on 30th September 2018.
- Participants are requested to attach and carry their current valid college ID proof and a photo ID proof.
- SSE reserves the right to change the dates of the competition. In such an event you will be notified accordingly.
- Damage to college property or any kind of misbehavior will be considered as a serious offence. SSE reserves the right to disqualify such participants.
- SSE holds all rights to edit, adapt, abridge or translate any submission made by the participants.
- By registering for this competition, you grant permission to SSE to use your information for any promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now and hereafter.
- SSE reserves all rights to admission.
EventsThe Qualifying Round: Quiz Pro Quo6th October, 2018Post the registration process, all applicants will immediately go through to the qualifying round. The quiz is structured in such a manner that all areas lying within the ambit of Economics and current affairs will be covered. The online quiz will be held at select Symbiosis campuses across Pune to suit the convenience of all interested participants.
This event is paramount as participants need to be assessed on their theoretical knowledge before facing the upcoming events wherein their practical skills and creativity will be tested. Brace yourself for an exciting and adventurous ride with various thought provoking and unconventional questions!Debate5th December, 2018
“It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.”A significant part of being an economist requires good public speaking and negotiation skills. In order to win an argument, one must put their best foot forward and sharpen up their diction to make valid, relevant and coherent points in the favour of their stance. Participants will have to validate their points and present cogent arguments given a wide range of topics. This event will act as a recognized platform for candidates to showcase their ability to assess current policy matters in a succinct manner. The debate will be conducted in a modified oxford style with a total time of 20 minutes including opening speeches and rebuttals from the contestants.Sequentia5th December, 2018
“Realise that everything connects to everything else.” – Leonardo da Vinci. And yet in the end, the sequence of it is all that matters…Through the widely arranged sequence of events, this will be the only team event of EOTY, 2018. The event tests creativity, reasoning and coordination skills of the selected 40 divided in teams of two. Candidates will go through a journey that will be designed by them. Given two hypothetical situations occurring at far ends, participants will be required to build a series of events that can explain causation and connectivity. Contestants must think out of the box whilst sustaining their existing knowledge, in order to emerge as creative thinkers and true economists.Emperio6th December, 2018This one-of-a-kind event pertains an interactive session dealing with crisis management, policy making and lobbying. All contestants will be allotted a country and will have to maneuver their way through 3 rounds that will test their ability to recover from economic volatility and global repercussions. The first round entails an auction round, where countries will have to bid for their resources in order to reach optimality. The second round will be a crisis round in which contestants will have to respond to sticky situations with apt policies and beneficial trade agreements. The last and final round will entail yet another crisis to test the resilience of the contestant’s policies and resource management.The Panel Discussion13th December, 2018In the last leg of the race, the 5 shortlisted contestants will be required to showcase their research abilities and presentation skills to a panel of distinguished guests and professionals. They will also be tested on their capabilities to apply economic concepts in real life scenarios and the feasibility of their policy suggestions to pressing global problems. Based on finalists’ performance in this round and their cumulative scores in the previous rounds, the winner will be crowned as Economist of the Year, 2018!
TOP 5 FINALISTS