- B.Sc. (Economics) Honours
- M.Sc. (Economics)
- Academic Calendar (2021-22) - M.Sc. (Economics)
- Academic Calendar (2021-22) - B.Sc. (Economics) Honours
- Programme Outcomes-B.Sc (Economics) Honours
- Programme Outcomes-M.Sc (Economics)
- BSc (Economics) Honours - Stakeholder Feedback
- MSc(Economics) - Stakeholder Feedback
- Ph.D - Stakeholder Feedback
- Transforming India 2030: Strategies For Sustainable Development Goals (TISSDG)
- NABARD - National Conference 2019 - Transforming Rural India 2030: Strategies for Sustainable Development Goals
- Future of Employment: Challenges and Opportunities (FECO) - 2019
- Future Of Employment: Challenges And Opportunities (FECO) - 2022
EOTY 2019 | Symbiosis School of Economics, Pune India
Home Events EOTY 2019
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson on economics.
~ Thomas Sowell
SSE is a bright and prestigious institution that sees to develop critical and analytical assessment enabling rational thinking in the minds of enthusiastic and determined young adults with the help of an extremely diligent faculty and a rigorous program structure, striving towards its ultimate aspiration- creating equilibrium.
To continue to explore the economist within us after the successful completion of the two years, SSE is proud to announce the third season of Economist Of The Year (EOTY). This year, after expansion, we offer the students across the country, a platform to participate and showcase their sills in a stimulating array of events.
Given the dedicated work ethic at Symbiosis School of Economics and the strive for perfection, we hope to make this event an attractive opportunity, thus efficiently utilizing your time and resources. Our hope is that, through your resources and our platform, we together will be able to reap the potential of EOTY and make it the grand success that we all envision it to be.
To continue to explore the economist within us after the successful completion of two years, SSE is proud to announce the third season of Economist of the Year (EOTY). This year we offer the students across the country, a platform to participate and showcase their skills in a stimulating array of events.
How to Apply ?
In order to be a part of of Economist of the Year, 2019, students will need to register themselves using the application form available here https://sse.ac.in/eoty. This form will aid us in gaining a better understanding of the participants and hence, has been designed in a manner that is easy to comprehend and is not time consuming.
It consists of various questions focusing on the student’s basic background information, and a set of interesting subjective questions. One important requirement along with the application form is the attached copy of the student’s photograph and College ID. After completing the above prerequisites, the doors to the exciting events held in store will officially be open!
Registrations are open from 5th September 2019 to 25th September 2019.
- The competition is open to the full time enrolled students of colleges and universities.
- Age Criteria between 17 and 25 years (inclusive) as on 1st September 2019
- Participants are requested to attach and carry their current valid college ID proof.
- SSE reserves the right to change the dates of the competition. In such an event you will be notified accordingly.
- Damage to college property or any kind of misbehavior will be considered as a serious offence. SSE reserves the right to disqualify such participants.
- SSE holds all rights to edit, adapt, abridge or translate any submission made by the participants.
- By registering for this competition, you grant permission to SSE to use your information for any promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now and hereafter.
- SSE reserves all rights to admission.
The Qualifying RoundQuiz Pro Quo27th September 2019Our event Economist of the Year diversifies and connects to various elements every year to amplify the skill and knowledge of each participant. EOTY 2019 takes pride to generate additional value to the competition by introducing a new section 'Logic and Reasoning' to our first event, Quiz Pro Quo. Logic and Reasoning tests on how a person applies rational to the practices and phenomena in everyday experience which enhances critical thinking and wisdom. Come participate in EOTY and enhance your skills in different domains!
Triathlon A Unique Combination Of Three Events
Off Hand17th December 2019Debate with a Twist! Testing comprehensive knowledge of the topic. All individuals will be tested on the basis of their oratory skills, diction, reasoning ability and articulation.Sequentia17th December 2019Contestants will be divided into pairs and will be given two hypothetical situations occurring at far ends. The teams will have to use their understanding of economics and political concepts to link the two events. They may use multiple steps to get to the final result.Emperio18th December 2019An interactive session dealing with crisis management, economic volatility and financial repercussions. They will have to navigate their way through the event using logic and practicality.
The Final RoundThe Panel Discussion23th December 2019The last event of EOTY will test the participants’ research abilities and presentation skills in front of a live audience and a panel of distinguished judges. The victor of EOTY will be decided on the basis of their performance in this round as well as their performance in the previous rounds with a 45:55 weightage assigned respectively.
Top 5 Finalists