B.Sc. (Economics) Honours
- Application Procedure
- Payment Instructions
- Fee Structure
- Important Dates
- International Students
- Admissions Brochure
Diploma in Quantitative Economics
- Application Procedure
- Payment Instructions
- Fee Structure
- Important Dates
- Admissions Brochure
- Indian Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bank of India
- IDBI Bank
- AY 2021-22
- B.Sc. (Economics) Honours
- M.Sc. (Economics)
- Academic Calendar (2022-23)- M.Sc. (Economics)
- Academic Calendar (2022-23) - B.Sc. (Economics) Honours
- Graduate Attributes
- Programme Outcomes-B.Sc (Economics) Honours
- Programme Outcomes-M.Sc (Economics)
- BSc (Economics) Honours - Stakeholder Feedback
- MSc(Economics) - Stakeholder Feedback
- Ph.D - Stakeholder Feedback
- B.Sc. Council Members
- M.Sc. Council Members
- Sports Council
Clubs & Associations
- Club Overview
- Entrepreneurship Cell
- Gender cell
- ISR Activities
- Transforming India 2030: Strategies For Sustainable Development Goals (TISSDG)
- NABARD - National Conference 2019 - Transforming Rural India 2030: Strategies for Sustainable Development Goals
- Future of Employment: Challenges and Opportunities (FECO) - 2019
- Future Of Employment: Challenges And Opportunities (FECO) - 2023
- Health Promoting University
Faculty Research | Symbiosis School of Economics
Faculty Research - Research
Home Research Faculty Research
Faculty at SSE are involved in research in various fields. The major research areas that have focused are: Development studies, Urban Development, Rural Development, Sustainable Development goals, policy making, international trade, MSMEs etc. Number of research projects have been successfully carried out by faculty. Over the year, faculty have published their research articles in reputed international journals: more than 50 Scopus indexed journals, 40 book chapters, 2 books and 30 non-indexed journals. Selected publication of Faculty are given below:
Select Publication @ SSE Referred Research Articles:
- Kumari, S., Jeble, S., Venkatesh, V. G., Nagarajan, C., & Shi, Y. (2022). Antecedents of agriculture supply chain performance during COVID-19: an emerging economy perspective. Operations Management Research, 1-22.
- Timilsina, G., Sahoo, P. and Dash, R.K. (2022) Why Do Indian States Differ in Their Infrastructure Development? Policy Research Working Paper, 10086, World Bank. https://ideas.repec.org/p/wbk/wbrwps/10086.html
- Joshi, G and Dash, R.K. (2022) Do Emerging Market ETFs Exhibit Higher Tracking Error? Evidence from India, Empirical Economic Letters, 21(3). http://www.eel.my100megs.com/volume-21-number-3.htm
- Majumdar, S. and Paris, C. M. (2022). Environmental Impact of Urbanization, Bank Credits, and Energy Use in the UAE - A Tourism-Induced EKC Model. Sustainability, 14(13), pp.7834. https://doi.org/10.3390/su14137834
- Oberoi, S. and Kansra, P. (2022) India’s Incipient Comparative Advantage and Trade Specialization in Pharmaceutical Sector in Comparison to ASEAN. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, 56(3), pp.899-906. http//:doi.org/10.5530/ijper.56.3.143
- Kumari, S., Bharti, N., and Rahaman, S. (2022). Antecedents towards social circular consumption of food wastes in emerging economies: Transition towards food circular economy. Business Strategy and Development, pg-.1-26. https://doi.org/10.1002/bsd2.201
- Kumbhar, V., Maru, A. and Kumari, S., (2022). Spatial Data Mining-A tool for Spatial Decision Support System in Agriculture Management. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review, 15(1), pp.128-133. DOI: 10.25103/jestr.151.16
- Shankar, V.K., Sahni, R., Seshu, M.S., Pai, A., Murthy, L. and Sevekari, T. (2022) Sex Work, COVID-19, and Half-truths. Economic and Political Weekly, 57(19), pp.49-56. https://www.epw.in/journal/2022/19/special-articles/sex-work-covid-19-and-half-truths.html
- Padhan, H., Sahu, S. K. and Dash, U. (2022). Economic globalization and environmental quality: a study of OECD economies. Environment, Development and Sustainability, pp.1-20. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-022-02479-0
- Lu, Z., Gozgor, G., Mahalik, M. K., Padhan, H. and Yan, C. (2022). Welfare gains from international trade and renewable energy demand: Evidence from the OECD countries. Energy Economics, 112, pp.106153. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2022.106153
- Fang, J., Gozgor, G., Mahalik, M. K., Mallick, H. and Padhan, H. (2022). Does urbanisation induce renewable energy consumption in emerging economies? The role of education in energy switching policies. Energy Economics, 111, pp.106081. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2022.106081
- Pingale, V. and Singh, N. (2022). Potential of Dairy Industry with Special Reference to Generating Employment in India. The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, pp.1-14. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41027-022-00369-7
- Kumari, S., Venkatesh, V.G., Deakins, E., Mani, V. and Kamble, S. (2021). Agriculture value chain sustainability during COVID-19: an emerging economy perspective. The International Journal of Logistics Management. DOI 10.1108/IJLM-04-2021-0247
- Shankar, V.K. and Sahni, R. (2021) Sex Work, Sex Trafficking, and Myopia of the State. Economic and Political Weekly, 56(43), pp.53-59. https://www.epw.in/journal/2021/43/special-articles/sex-work-sex-trafficking-and-myopia-state.html
- Joshi, N. and Ghosh, I. (2021) Determinants of Trade in Services. Journal of Innovative Business and Management, 13(1), pp.72-78. https://doi.org/10.32015/JIBM/2021.13.1.72-78
- Atri, S., Maity, S., Namburi, A., Sateesh, A., Gore, P. and Miglani, V. (2021). Effectiveness of MGNREGS in COVID-19 Lockdown of 2020: A Case of Selected Villages of Palghar District, Maharashtra. Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 76(3), pp.371-389. https://isaeindia.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/03-Article-Varun-Miglani.pdf
- Dash, R.K. (2021) Do Remittances Crowd-In or Crowd-Out Domestic Investment? An Empirical Analysis of 24 Low-Income Countries, Journal of the Knowledge Economy. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13132-022-00948-5
- Misra, S.B. (2021) What’s Ailing Primary Education in Rural India: A Case Study of a Government-run Primary School in Allapur Village, Telangana, Economic and Political Weekly- Engage Article, 56(8). https://www.epw.in/engage/article/whats-ailing-primary-education-rural-india-telangana-case-study
- Bharati, S. and Batra, R. (2021) How Misuse of Statistics Can Spread Misinformation a Study of Misrepresentation of COVID-19 Data, International Journal of Modern Agriculture, Volume 10(2), pp.790-803. http://www.modern-journals.com/index.php/ijma/article/view/791
- Thadani, K. (2021) Assessing the State of Reproductive and Child Health (RCH) Programm in Meghalaya: An Exploratory Analysis, International Journal of Modern Agriculture, 10(2), pp.771 -789. http://www.modern-journals.com/index.php/ijma/article/view/790
- Dash, R.K. (2020), Impact of Remittances on Domestic Investment: A Panel Study of Six South Asian Countries, South Asia Economic Journal, 21(1), pp.7-30. https://doi.org/10.1177/1391561420903199
- Chavan, M., Chandiramani, J. and Nayak, S. (2019), Assessing the State of Physical Infrastructure In Progressive Urbanization Strategy: SAP-LAP Analysis, Habitat International, 89, pp102002. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.habitatint.2019.102002
- Shankar, V.K. (2019) The Fine-print of Education - Employment Linkages, Economic and Political Weekly, 54(17). https://www.epw.in/engage/article/all-i-want-one-job-fine-print-education%E2%80%93employment
- Das, D. (2019) Multilayer of Suppliers Fixed Costs and Spatial Competition in The Upstream Market as a Source of Retailers Buying Power, Studies in Microeconomics. 7(2), pp.210-226. https://doi.org/10.1177/2321022218820439
- Airy, A., and Chandiramani, J. (2018), Urban Transport Policy in India: A Review, International Journal of Public Sector Performance Management, 5(3-4), pp.399-414. https://www.inderscienceonline.com/doi/epdf/10.1504/IJPSPM.2019.101057
- Shankar, V.K. and Sahni, R. (2018) Waste Pickers and Right to Waste, Economic and Political Weekly, 53(48). https://www.epw.in/journal/2018/48/special-articles/waste-pickers-and-%E2%80%98right-waste%E2%80%99-indian.html
- Pradhan, K.C. and Mukherjee, S. (2018) The Income Transition in Rural India: Evidence from ARIS/REDS Surveys, Journal of Economic Development, 43(2), pp.45-64. DOI: 10.35866/caujed.2018.43.2.003
- Sekhar, C.S., Tripathi, A. and Bhatt, Y. (2018), Ensuring MSP to Farmers Are Deficiency Payment an Option? Economic and Political Weekly, 53(51). https://www.epw.in/journal/2018/51/review-rural-affairs/ensuring-msp-farmers.html
- Sahoo, P. and Dash, R.K. (2017) What Drives India's Surge in Service Exports? The World Economy, 40(2), pp. 439-461. https://doi.org/10.1111/twec.12411
- Behl, A. and Pal, A. (2016) Analysing the Barriers towards Sustainable Financial Inclusion using Mobile Banking in Rural India, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(15), pp.1-17. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i15/92100
- Miglani, V. (2016) Data Gap on Contract Farming in India, Artha Vijnana, 58(3), pp. 261-266. DOI:10.21648/arthavij/2016/v58/i3/147832
- Pradhan, K. (2016) Ricardian Approach to Fiscal Sustainability in India, MARGIN: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, 10(4), pp.499-529. https://doi.org/10.1177/0973801016659799
- Misra, S.B. and Shukla, O.P. (2016) Rural Non-Farm Employment in Maharashtra: Trends and Determinants (1993-94 to 2009-10), Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 58(3), pp.405–432. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s41027-016-0030-7
- Kumari S. and Tripathy K.K. (2022). Agricultural Input and Marketing. Scientific Publishers, New Delhi. ISBN:9789390749386
- Chandiramani, J and Dash, R.K. (2019). Transforming India 2030: Strategies for Sustainable Development Goals, Capital Publishing Company, New Delhi. ISBN:9789381891643.
- Jha, R. and Chandiramani, J. (2012). Perspectives in Urban Development: Issues in Infrastructure, Planning and Governance, Capital Publishing Company, New Delhi. ISBN:9789390749386.
- Oberoi, S. and Kansra, P. (2022). Blockchain Technology in the Insurance Industry. In Applications, Challenges, and Opportunities of Blockchain Technology in Banking and Insurance, pp.160-172. IGI Global.
- Kumari S., Bharti N. and Yadav, H. (2022). Modelling Agriculture Exports in Emerging Economy through Cluster Approach. In India's Agriculture and Food Exports, pp.181-200. Bloomsbury Publisher.
- Gokhale, P., Singh, N., and Pingale, V. (2021) Innovation in Teaching and Learning for The Future, Sustainable, Quality Education: Case Studies from Maharashtra. In (eds) Multidisciplinary Approach to Sustainable Development Goals Some Issues and Reflections. Kindle Direct Publishing, India. ISBN: 9798513908517
- Nagraj, D. and Ghosh, I. (2021). Trade Costs Between India and ASEAN: A Gravity Framework. In Trade, Investment and Economic Growth, pp.73-90. Springer.
- Ghoshal, I., Jog, S., Sinha, U., and Ghosh, I. (2021). Macroeconomic Factors Affecting FDI Inflows into Emerging Economies - A Panel Study. In Trade, Investment and Economic Growth, pp.109-119. Springer.
- Ghosh, I., Chakrabarti, S. and Ghoshal, I. (2021). COVID-19 and Food Security - The Way Ahead for India-Africa Agro-Trade Partnership. In Shifting Patterns of Agricultural Trade, pp 475-490. Springer.
- Sahoo, P. and Dash, R.K., (2021). Impact of FPI on Economic Growth: A Study 82 Developing Countries, in (eds) Yoshino, N., Paramanik, R,N, and Kumar, A.S., Studies in International Economics and Finance: Essays in Honour of Prof. Bandi Kamaiah, Springer.
- Ghosh, I., Chakrabarti, S., and Ghoshal, I. (2020). Prospects, challenges, and policy directions for food security in India-Africa agricultural trade. In Handbook of research on globalized agricultural trade and new challenges for food security, pp.400-424. IGI Global.
- Ghoshal, I. and Ghosh, I. (2020). Incentives to Attract Foreign Direct Investment in Emerging Economies: A Causality Analysis for the Indian Case. In Foreign Direct Investments: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications pp.1-36. IGI Global.
- Khandelwal, T. (2019). India Towards a Cashless Economy. In (eds.) Bhel, A and Nayak, S., Maintaining Financial Stability in Times of Risk and Uncertainty, IGI Global.
- Chandiramani, J. and Nayak, S. (2018). Big Data Analytics and Internet of Things for Urban Transportation: A Case of Pune City, Maharashtra, India. In (eds) Dey, N. and Tamane, S., Handbook of Research on Big Data Analytics for Smart and Connected Cities, IGI Global.
- Ghoshal, I. and Ghosh, I. (2018). Minerals and Fisheries in the Arctic: A Geo- Economic Comparison of India and China. In (eds.) Erokhin, V., Gao, T and Zhang, X., Handbook of Research on International Collaboration, Economic Development, and Sustainability in the Arctic, IGI Global.
- Chandiramani, J. and Patil, G. (2018). Crowdfunding: Can It Support Urban Local Bodies in India? In (eds.) Benna, U.G. and Benna, A.U., Crowdfunding and Sustainable Urban Development in Emerging Economies, IGI Global.
- Ghoshal, I. and Ghosh, I. (2017). Incentives to Attract Foreign Direct Investment in Emerging Economies: A Causality Analysis for the Indian Case. In (eds) Outward Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Emerging Market Economies, IGI Global.
- Chandiramani, J. and Aanchal, A. (2017). Urbanization and Its Impact on Socio-Economic Growth in South Asia. In In (eds.) Benna, U.G. and Benna, A.U., Urbanization and Its Impact on Socio- Economic Growth in Developing Regions, IGI Global.
- Transforming India 2030: Strategies for Sustainable Development Goals, Conference held at SSE February 2017.
- Future of Employment: Challenges and Opportunities (FECO), Conference held at SSE February 2019.
- © 2023 Symbiosis School of Economics | Sitemap.