- B.Sc. (Economics) Honours
- M.Sc. (Economics)
- Academic Calendar (2021-22) - M.Sc. (Economics)
- Academic Calendar (2022-24) - B.Sc. (Economics) Honours
- Programme Outcomes-B.Sc (Economics) Honours
- Programme Outcomes-M.Sc (Economics)
- BSc (Economics) Honours - Stakeholder Feedback
- MSc(Economics) - Stakeholder Feedback
- Ph.D - Stakeholder Feedback
- Transforming India 2030: Strategies For Sustainable Development Goals (TISSDG)
- NABARD - National Conference 2019 - Transforming Rural India 2030: Strategies for Sustainable Development Goals
- Future of Employment: Challenges and Opportunities (FECO) - 2019
- Future Of Employment: Challenges And Opportunities (FECO) - 2022
EOTY 2021 | Symbiosis School of Economics, Pune India
Home Events EOTY 2021
“The inscrutability of economics is perhaps not unintentional. It gives endless employment to dialecticians who otherwise might become public charges or, at very worst, swindlers and tricksters.”
~ Jack Vance
Symbiosis School of Economics is organizing its annual flagship competition named Economist of the Year 2021. This time we are back with more embellishment and enthusiasm than ever before! To continue to explore the economist within us, after the successful completion of three years of Economist of the Year, for the fourth edition we are going Pan-India and the whole event is going to be conducted online.
This year we are offering a platform to the students from across the country to showcase their skills in a stimulating array of events. With each passing year the competition is getting stiffer, testing students on several attributes such as analytical abilities, critical thinking, research aptitude, and general knowledge.
The competition comprises 5 events, where a participant has to use not only their academic intellect but also form solutions using their problem solving ability. The competition is composed of several rounds, each testing wit, teamwork, and cognizance of students and culminates in the Grand Finale, The Panel Discussion, where students become panelists and discuss pertinent socio-economic issues of present times. The victor of this panel discussion is awarded the title of "Economist of The Year". All competitions are judged by an esteemed panel of judges who are stalwarts in their field. Economist of the Year perceives a continuous growth in passion and participation from students all across the country. This year, it gets bigger and better!
We at Symbiosis School of Economics strive for excellence and perfection. Our hope is to make this event an attractive opportunity, thus efficiently utilizing your time and resources. Through your resources and our platform, we together will be able to reap the potential of Economist of the Year and make it the grand success that we all envision it to be.
How to Apply ?
The participants can register themselves through this link https://www.sse.ac.in/eoty- registration. However, we strongly request all the interested candidates to go through the eligibility criteria and general rules once, before registering.
- The competition is open to anyone who has completed their high school education and lies between the age of 17 and 25 years (inclusive) as on 28th February 2021.
General Rules (Terms and Conditions):
- The registrations are opening from 1st February 2021 onwards.
- Participants are requested to attach their Government of India approved Identity proof.
- SSE reserves the right to change the dates of the events. If such an incident occurs, participants will be notified about it accordingly.
- Any sort of misbehavior will not be entertained and will be considered as a serious offence. SSE reserves the right to disqualify such participants immediately. No excuses will be entertained.
- SSE holds all the rights to edit, adapt, abridge or translate any submission made by the participants.
- By registering for this competition, the participants are permitting SSE to use their information for any promotional purpose without any additional compensation, in all media now and hereafter.
- SSE reserves all rights to admission.
Round 1Quiz Pro QuoDate of event: 8th March 2021.Results declared: 12th March 2021.
“Everyone loves sport and everyone loves a quiz.” - Sue BarkerThe preliminary round for EOTY 2021, Quiz Pro Quo is an online quiz based on a multitude of topics. Participants will have to delve into the depths of their knowledge and awareness of Economics, Finance, International Relations, Current Affairs and more. Brace yourself for an exciting and adventurous ride with various thought-provoking and unconventional questions!
Round 2- An Interesting Combination Of Three Events
Off HandDate of event: 16th March 2021.
“For good ideas and true innovation, you need human interaction, conflict, argument and debate.” - Margaret HeffernanA significant part of being an Economist requires conversational and negotiation skills. In order to win an argument, one must put their best foot forward and sharpen up their diction to make valid, relevant and coherent points. Off Hand is a unique spin on the conventional “Block & Tackle” form of debate with an ex-tempore element that pushes you to the limit of thinking on your feet.SequentiaDate of event: 16th March 2021.
“ Realise that everything connects to everything else.” - Leonardo da Vinci.A mainstay of the EOTY experience, this event allows you to flex your creative instincts in order to come up with the most extraordinary and sensible sequences and connections among seemingly unrelated events. Sequentia tests the participants’ innovation and ability to apply logic and structure to the real world. As an added challenge, Sequentia is a two-part pairwise event, requiring you to work as a team and collaborate efficiently in order to complete the task at hand.
EmperioDate of event: 17th March 2021. (Dates are subject to change.)
“ In one case out of a hundred a point is excessively discussed because it is obscure; in the ninety-nine remaining it is obscure because it is excessively discussed.” - Edgar Allen PoeStay tuned, as EOTY 2021 introduces a brand new, one-of-a-kind, surprise event. Details will be disclosed later on.
The Final Round - Round 3Panel DiscussionDate of the event: 31st March 2021
“Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument.” - Desmond TutuIn the last leg of the race, the 5 final contestants who emerge from Round 2 will be required to showcase their research abilities and presentation skills to a panel of distinguished guests and professionals. They will also be tested on their capabilities to apply economic concepts in real life scenarios and innovate upon feasible policy suggestions. The Panel Discussion will be the culmination of EOTY 2021, after which the best participant will be crowned the “Economist of the Year”!
Round One Winner